Free Range Chicken Frames
FYI - attractively photographing chicken frames (they have NO good side!) is SO difficult...So imagine this delicious chicken - without the meat: presto. Chicken Frames.
Chicken Frames are the go-to basic of any soup staple. They are the soft bones and cartilage left after a chicken is boned out, with some lean meat on them.
They make AMAZING stocks and broths that form the basis of soups, stews, casseroles and braises.
The stock recipe below is delicious!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1½ hours
Makes: 10 servings approximately
2 kg chicken frames (4-6)
2 sticks celery, chopped in half
1 - 2 carrots, chopped in half
1 potato, chopped in half
1 tspn peppercorns and a couple of All Spice berries
- Place frames and vegetables in large saucepan
- Fill with water to so that the water is almost covering everything.
- Bring to the boil, and turn down to a rolling simmer, skimming the top as necessary
- Cook for 1½ - 2 hours and the meat was falling off the bones.
- Sieve into a container.
- Voila! Beautiful Stock
- See more at: http://recipeyum.com.au/chicken-soup-using-chicken-frames/#sthash.KtfyK6ye.dpuf
All Vincentia Butchery meat is free range, grass fed, pasture raised. We source locally, from the Shoalhaven, from farmers who ethically and sustainably raise their animals.You can definitely taste the difference. If you would like to know more about our purchasing beliefs, check out our Manifesto