Vincentia Butchery was one of the first shops to open in the Vincentia Shopping Village in 1976 (!!!)
It has always been family owned and we continue that tradition. The shop is run by myself (Erica) as the qualified butcher and general mess-maker; my mum (Barbara) awesome preserve creator and cleaner-upper of said messes and helped (without whom we probably wouldn’t survive but don't tell him we said that) by our apprentice (Ryan).
For our sourcing beliefs, check out our manifesto, but suffice to say ALL our meat is chemical and hormone free, grass fed, pasture raised and free ranging.
Our on-site gourmet smokehouse allows us to make a comprehensive range of small-goods, including (but not limited to):
- Hand cured and house smoked bacon
- House-smoked ham
- Smoked chicken & duck
- Smoked sausages
- Bacon bones & ham hocks
We stock free-range eggs (some of which have come from our very own chickens...) and a wide variety of artisan cheeses, antipasto and awesome charcuterie.
We make and sell our own range of chutneys, sauces and preserves, as well as sourcing Australian grown herbs and spices:
- The Allotment - gourmet and locavore for the discerning gastronome
We are official and proud retailers of a huge amount of local and regional artisan products including:
- Parnell's honey - locally owned harvesters of seasonal pure raw cold filtered honey - we sell this from a honey dispenser - you can BYO jar or we can provide one for you.
- The salt box - natural, hand harvested salts with unique and delicate flavour; the smoked ones are especially spectacular...
- Disaster bay hot sauces - an amazing range of spicy sauces and marinades
- Maxwells Treats - spiced baby figs, aioli and mayonnaises...hand made from Berry
- Eden Smokehouse - smoked trout, salmon and mussels
- Tilba Dairy - cheese and Jersey milk (you haven't lived until you have tried their milk...omg.
- Binnorie Cheeses - creamy, delicious and locally made; what more could you ask for?
And that's just the start! we adding more interesting, unique and delicious products to our store all the time!
Keep an eye out for new additions to our ready-to-eat section, as we are always experimenting and trying new recipes.
We happily take any orders, large or small; and for any specialised or hard-to-source products, with a little notice, we can order it in for you.
Any questions, enquiries or orders, please feel to contact us!